Kitchen Fun with Kids: Crispy Chocolate Balls
Posted on August 8, 2014
One fun way to bond with your kids and to teach them some creativity is by having fun in the kitchen.
It’s also a good way to teach your kids some values while they are still young. Not only will it develop their skills in working, but it is also a good way to keep them away from computers and tvs. Here’s one simple recipe that you could do with your kids.
Crispy Chocolate Balls
What You Need:
- 200 grams chocolate chips or chocolate bars, roughly chopped
- 80 grams unsalted butter
- 3 ½ cups Rice Crispies
- Candy Sprinkles, Mini Marshmallows, Crushed Cookies, and other mini candies
How to Do it
- Step 1: Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a bowl. Heat in a microwave at a low setting for 90 seconds and stir.
- Step 2: Add Rice Crispies and stir mixture gently until everything is coated.
- Step 3: Let it cool for a few minutes. With a teaspoon, carefully scoop and roll it into a ball. Place the balls in a pan or plate.
- Step 4: Have your kids design the balls using the sprinkles, mini marshmallows, and other mini candies.
- You can substitute the chocolate with peanut butter, Nutella, caramel or strawberry for more variations.
- If you do not have a microwave, you can heat the chocolate using a double broiler.
Include your kid in every step in making these sweet treats. Ask them what flavor or variant they want and what candies or décor they want in their treats.
Make sure to teach your kid how to properly use the microwave oven. With proper use and care, your microwave oven will last longer and will be safe to use for kitchen fun with your kids. To ensure your microwave oven’s safety and maintenance, consult a trusted Collin, Texas appliance specialist.
You can also wrap up these crispy goodies in fun packaging so your kids can bring it as a snack in school or to give to their teacher and friends.
Kitchen tasks can be fun and can instill discipline and creativity in your kids if done correctly and safely.
Come back soon for more Kitchen Fun recipes to do with your kids.